Post Secondary School and Learning

Whether you are a young adult transitioning from high school directly to a post-secondary or a mature adult pursuing further education later in life, you need support!  It can be daunting for everyone – but it is even more challenging if you also have to manage a Learning Disability or ADHD.

Considerable support is provided at most post-secondary schools in Alberta to help people with a diagnosed disability of any kind, including a Learning Disability or a medical disability like ADHD.

The department is usually called the Accessibility Office, listed under Academic Services or Student Services where you would meet with an Accessibility Advisor or Learning Strategist.  They will help you to access accommodations and other academic support you might need.

Provided is some information for you about post-secondary institutions, including: