- This event has passed.
December 15, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm MSTFREE!
Gain the skills and tools needed to address and manage accommodation concerns in the workplace. This workshop will prepare employers to appropriately handle issues relating to gender, sexuality, religion, disability, race, and other critical axes of identity. Attendees will leave with an in-depth understanding of governing legal principles, best practices, and common pitfalls that may arise during the accommodation process.
Following this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize all axes of identities that are protected grounds as per the Alberta Human Rights Act, identify them in case
studies, and brainstorm management strategies.
- Understand how ‘duty to accommodate and ‘undue hardship’ are factors in the accommodation process, and must be
assessed individually in each unique situation
- Learn how legislation plays a role in developing policies.
- Explore common myths and misunderstandings about the accommodation process.
- Take away tools, strategies, and tips for developing accommodation policies that are relevant to their workplace.
Click on Event Website Link below to register and learn more.