- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Webinar: Using Assessments to Drive Literacy Instruction
Webinar Hosted by:
International Dyslexia Association Ontario Branch (IDAO) https://www.idaontario.com/
Webinar Presented by Dr. Margie Gillis
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 @ 7:30-8:30 p.m. EST (Toronto time)
This webinar will describe four types of reading assessments (outcome, screening, diagnostic, and progress monitoring) and explain the role that each one plays in the selection and use of appropriate and effective interventions for struggling readers.
Presenter: Margie B. Gillis, Ed.D. is a Certified Academic Language Therapist, a research affiliate at Haskins Laboratories, and the president of Literacy How, a non-profit organization that provides professional development on the Science of Reading. Margie is also the president of the Anne Fowler Foundation providing scholarships for educators. She is the co-founder of Smart Kids with LD, the former president of ConnBIDA, a board member of the Academic Language Therapy Association, Dyslexia Society of CT and New Alliance Foundation, and a professional advisor for Understood, ReadWorks, and the International Foundation for Effective Reading Instruction.