- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Using Mental Toughness to Enhance Performance: It’s NOT About Being “Tough”
Organizer: Community Education Service at Alberta Health ServicesCost: FREE!
TIME: November 30, 2021 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
EXPERT: Dr. Brent Macdonald, Lead Psychologist, Macdonald Psychology Group
Mental toughness (MT) has a great deal of evidence to support its use in education, but is also broadly misunderstood because of its roots in competitive sport and in high-performance arenas such as the military and business worlds. There are lots of stories of professional athletes and folks like Navy SEALS who talk about MT. But what about the rest of us? What about kids?
In this webinar, we will discuss what MT really is – and the critical value of mental sensitivity and mental flexibility in enhancing our performance and in supporting kids and ourselves to become more willing risk takers, be more resilient, have more interpersonal success, and how to not only learn from mistakes but also actively seek out opportunities for new learning.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.