- This event has passed.
Understanding Psycho-Educational Assessments = Understanding Your Student
March 9, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm MSTFREE!
EXPERT: Tanya Keto B.Ed, M.Ed.
Do you work with students who struggle at school? Psycho-educational assessments combine standardized assessments of a child’s intellectual and academic abilities with the dynamic clinical judgment of a trained psychologist to determine the what, how, and why of struggling students. This process measures overall aptitude and academic achievement around core academic skills and any additional factors that may impact a child at school (e.g., attention and concentration, learning disability, mood, anxiety, etc.) and provides strategies to support them.
Whether a diagnosis is made or not, the information can be used to identify what the student needs to reach their potential. This session will take a deep dive into what teachers need to know about the psycho-educational process including:
• The psychological processes that underlie learning: such as language and phonological processing, fine-motor and grapho-motor processing, executive functioning, visual-spatial processing, processing speed, working memory, etc.
• The specific academic skills being investigated: including reading, writing, math, language, etc.
• Aspects of social/emotional and behavioural functioning that may be impacting the student: including attention and concentration, depression, anxiety, etc.
• The diagnostic process
• Recommendations, strategies, and accommodations
• Using the psycho-educational assessment report for Individual Education/Program Planning (IPPs, IEPs, etc.)
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.