- This event has passed.
Understanding Psycho-Ed Assessments = Understanding Your Student
May 18, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm MDTFREE!
EXPERT: Tany Keto B. Ed, M.Ed. Reg. Psych
Do you work with students who struggle at school? Psycho-educational assessments combine standardized assessments of a child’s intellectual and academic abilities with the dynamic clinical judgment of a trained psychologist to determine the what, how, and why of struggling students.
This session will take a deep dive into what teachers need to know about the psycho-educational process including:
- The psychological processes that underlie learning: such as language and phonological processing, fine-motor and graphomotor processing, executive functioning, visual-spatial processing, processing speed, working memory, etc.
- The specific academic skills being investigated: including reading, writing, math, language, etc.
- Aspects of social/emotional and behavioural functioning that may be impacting the student: including attention and concentration, depression, anxiety, etc.
- The diagnostic process
- Recommendations, strategies, and accommodations
- Using the psycho-educational assessment report for Individual Education/Program Planning (IPPs, IEPs, etc.)
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.