- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
The LD Brain
Organizer: Foothills AcademyCost: $10.00
Host: Foothills Academy – Community Webinar. Presenter: Dr. Anthony Henley
Join us for a presentation from Dr. Anthony Henley, the highly regarded and engaging assessment psychologist from Washington, DC. His presentation will draw on 20 years of experience working with and assessing children with Learning Disabilities and ADHD.
Learn more about:
-The link between academic difficulties, underlying brain-based/cognitive deficits, and Learning Disabilities
-How difficulties with language and memory are not the result of a lack of motivation
-How the concept of “splinter skills” (areas of strength within an area of weakness) affect a learner
-The link between ADHD, executive functioning, and poor academic performance.
If you have a child who has had a psycho-educational assessment done or a teacher who reads psycho-educational assessments for their students and you are wondering how this information translates to the real world, Dr. Henley will bring a greater understanding of this document.