- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
The Growing Brain: Impact of Mental Health
Organizer: Community Education Service at Alberta Health ServicesCost: FREE!
EXPERTS: Dr. Frank MacMaster Ph.D. & Eric Perrault, BEd, MA, EdD (candidate)
The COVID pandemic has had a profound impact on the mental health of many teens and young adults with depression being a major concern. Join Dr. Frank MacMaster and Eric Perrault as they discuss how the brain develops, the impacts of depression and how to engage with youth.
Participants will learn:
- The four basic principles of brain development
- About the brain and depression in youth
- A sequence of engagement when working with youth
- Six principles for engaging with youth
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.