- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
The Building Blocks of Resilience: Strategies to Strengthen Resilience in Children and Adolescents
Organizer: Community Education Service at Alberta Health ServicesCost: FREE!
EXPERT: Dr. Caroline McDonald-Harker
Traumatic life events, such as abuse, death, natural disasters, and the current COVID-19 health pandemic, produce a wide range of stressors which affect the health and well-being of children and adolescents. We know that children and adolescents have the capacity to learn and develop important resilience skills that can help them thrive even in the face of adversity.
This presentation will discuss research-based strategies that can help increase and strengthen resilience in children and adolescents. I will discuss individual and social-ecological factors that can boost coping, recovery, and overall well-being among children and adolescents, and thus improve their ability to manage challenges they are currently facing or may face in the future.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.