- This event has passed.
The Anxiety Compass: Taming Anxiety Gremlins
Organizer: Jack Hirose & AssociatesCost: CAD$ 269
The Anxiety Compass: The Ultimate Process to Help Children and Teens Tame Anxiety Gremlins
EXPERT: Caroline Buzanko, Ph.D., R. Psych
Anxiety was at epidemic levels even before the COVID-19 pandemic and has only worsened exponentially since. Anxiety is the most common mental health concern among children and teens and is not something they outgrow. Indeed, most mental health problems in adulthood begin as anxiety in childhood and adolescence as anxiety.
Early intervention is essential to minimize later problems with depression and other social, emotional, behavioural, academic, and health difficulties. Thankfully, anxiety is highly treatable. This webinar is vital for anyone working with children and teens who experience anxiety. In this advanced workshop, clinicians, educators, and families will develop a deep understanding of anxiety from a transdiagnostic perspective.
- Understand and explain the unique stress Gen Z faces
- Differentiate normal and problematic worries
- Identify how anxiety can manifest and what maintains it
- Identify and avoid the shortcomings of traditional approaches
- Learn how to become an effective anxiety coach
- Implement an effective process-oriented treatment plan to maximize fear extinction and anxiety management
- Understand the Anxiety Compass and how to individualize it to use immediately with children and teens across contexts
This workshop has been formally approved by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA) and may be may be eligible for CEUs.
This workshop is also being live streamed so in-person attendance is not necessary.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.