- This event has passed.
Supporting neurodiverse children and youth: Improving access and treatment outcomes
Organizer: Sick Kids CMH Learning InstituteCost: CAD$ 250
EXPERT: Katy Albert, M.Ed, OCT, BCBA
2 Fridays, April 22 and 29, 2022
Individuals experiencing neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism spectrum and attention deficit/hyper-activity disorder (ADHD), are more likely to struggle with their mental health and be diagnosed with comorbid psychiatric conditions.
This webinar will explore techniques for supporting children, youth and their families who are neuro-diverse and have experienced barriers in accessing support and experiencing positive outcomes in mental health, educational and residential settings. Participants will be given the foundation to supplement psychotherapeutic treatment modalities with behavioural learning principals, helping children, youth and their families move from talk to action and to address cognitive and behavioural challenges that interfere with their goals.
- Explore diversity, complexities and comorbidities within neuro-diverse populations such as ASD and ADHD.
- Acquire practical strategies to help clients use what they learn in therapy to improve their daily lives.
- Understand applications for functional behaviour assessment to address behaviours that interfere with individuals’ goals and positive outcomes.
- Acquire practical strategies to affirm, engage and accommodate children with learning differences such as ADHD, LD and ASD during therapy sessions.
- Learn strategies to interact mindfully and regulate their own emotions and responses when supporting challenging and complex clients
Click on Go To Website to register and learn more.