- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Shedding Labels, Shedding Shame for Kids
Organizer: ADDitudeCost: FREE!
How to Unlock Powerful ADHD Accommodations with Acceptance
TIME: Tuesday, October 26 at 11 am (MST)
EXPERT: Tom Bergeron
ADHD accommodations help level the playing field at school, but sometimes they also work to alienate a child with ADHD from his or her peers.
To ensure that students continue using the resources that benefit them most, educators and parents must adopt strategies that foster acceptance by celebrating the differences we all have. It’s not just the students with ADHD, dyslexia, and ASD that have unique learning styles. The solution that benefits everyone is for schools (and workplaces) to deliver accommodations in an accepting environment.
Accommodations designed with acceptance lead to success without shame.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How accommodations can hinder acceptance
- Why acceptance is critical to our mental health
- The role school funding plays in accommodations and acceptance
- The importance that language plays in discussing our differences
- Strategies your school or workplace can implement to foster acceptance
- How to help bolster your child’s self-esteem
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.