- This event has passed.
Science of Reading Series: Phonics
November 16, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm UTC+0CAD$ 25
TIME: Tuesday, November 16, 4:00 – 5:30 pm MST
EXPERT: Pam Lougheed, Learning & Literacy Specialist
Teachers often feel at a loss to help those children who do not develop reading and writing skills on par with their peers. This eight-part series will lead educators through key research findings and then address each component of literacy instruction, providing teachers with tools, resources, and instructional strategies. Our panel of presenters, all experts in their fields, are committed to promoting evidence-based literacy instruction for all learners.
Learning Objectives of the Series:
- To review current evidence regarding the development of reading skills among children and why some children struggle with their acquisition.
- To clarify what is meant by the “Science of Reading”.
- To differentiate Structured Literacy Intervention from standard literacy instruction.
- To review the key components of reading instruction, how they are assessed, and effective instructional strategies.
- To describe ways teachers can organize their classrooms and align their teaching methods with evidence-based approaches.
- To discuss how personnel within districts and schools can implement multi-tiered systems of intervention to ensure support for all children who struggle with literacy learning.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.