- This event has passed.
Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
August 9, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MDTFREE!
EXPERT: Beverley Holden Johns
Many children look forward to the new school year. They’re excited to meet their teacher, see their classmates, and learn about planned activities and adventures. For students with anxiety and other related comorbidities, new people, new routines, and maybe even a new school elicit excessive worry and fear.
Younger children may not be able to verbalize their feelings. Older children may worry about peer acceptance, test taking, and academic grades. Here, learning and behavior expert Beverley Holden Johns will explain how these anxieties may lead to certain behaviors that interfere with learning, growth, and happiness — if left unchecked.
In this webinar, parents and educators will learn:
- Practical strategies to use before the school year begins to help make the transition a smooth one
- How to identify some of the characteristics of a student’s anxiety disorder and how to address each of those, such as executive functioning, auditory processing, emotional
- regulation, and cognitive flexibility.
- Schoolwork-related strategies that can be used in the classroom and reinforced at home
- How to build and foster a parent-teacher team approach to implement those strategies
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.