- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
On the Shoulders of Giants Scientific Symposium
Organizer: Child Mind InstituteCost: FREE!
TIME: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 3 PM – 6PM (MST)
This year’s On the Shoulders of Giants Scientific Symposium, is the 11th annual celebration of scientists who are revolutionizing our understanding of the brain and mental health and learning disorders. We applaud their scientific achievements in child and adolescent psychology, psychiatry and developmental neuroscience, featuring 2021 Sarah Gund Prize recipient Yasmin Hurd, PhD.
This event includes a powerful roundtable on the impact of marijuana use on brain function and development in adolescents, implications for mental health outcomes and practical advice for parents. Moderated by NIDA deputy director Wilson M. Compton, MD, MPE, the expert panel includes Kevin M. Gray, MD, Leslie A. Hulvershorn, MD, and Christian Thurstone, MD. The event will also feature special presentations from Yoko Nomura, PhD, and Jacqueline-Marie Ferland, PhD.
Click on Go To Website below to register and to learn more information.