- This event has passed.
Mental Health Literacy Part 1
April 26, 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm MDTFREE!
EXPERTS: Various Alberta Health Services Speakers
Approximately 1 in 5 youth worldwide will experience a mental illness before they turn 25. Many will experience significant and substantial life challenges that may require help. This makes adolescence a critical time for mental health promotion, prevention, early identification, and intervention. Not addressing these issues early and effectively may lead to negative short and long term outcomes. Evidence-based mental health literacy is a scientifically-established effective foundation for all mental health improvements.
- Introduction to Mental Health Literacy
- Role of a Go-To Educator
- Understanding Mental Health and Mental Illness
- Identifying Youth Who May Be Struggling
- What to Know About Treatment
- Boosting Our Own Mental Health
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.