- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Meet the Teacher: How to Build Relationships This Back-to-School Season
Organizer: ADDitudeCost: FREE!
EXPERT: Cindy Goldrich, Ed.M.
Parents and teachers see different facets of every child, and this is especially true for students with ADHD. The way neurodivergent learners respond in various settings often depends on their comfort levels, interest, confidence, and motivation.
It is important for parents of children with ADHD to share relevant and helpful information with new teachers each school year. This open, transparent communication allows educators to better decode and support a child’s needs, and collaborate with caregivers on solutions. This webinar will highlight tools and tips for collaborating both in person and via targeted emails because the more parents, students, and teachers connect effectively, the more likely it is that students will thrive.
In this webinar:
- Parents will learn how to gather important insights and perspectives about their children to help new teachers understand how to best connect with and support their new students
- Teachers will learn how to ask the questions that will help them to understand information about their students that will be useful and appropriate
- Teachers and parents will learn about sensible plans for managing communication effectively for a calm, successful new school year
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.