- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Math Word Problems? No Problem!
Organizer: CORECost: FREE!
Effective Strategies for Solving Math Word Problems
EXPERT: Dr. Sarah R. Powell
TIME: Wednesday Nov. 10, 2021 2 – 3 PM MST
There is a lot of math in ‘real’ life. “I’m having 12 people for Thanksgiving dinner. Each person will eat 1.5 pounds of turkey. How big of a turkey do I need to buy then?” Yet inside the classroom, solving word problems can leave students and teachers scratching their heads. Dr. Sarah R. Powell will take on word problems in our upcoming webinar and shares:
- Two ineffective word-problem practices and why not to use them.
- The importance of an attack strategy when working through word problems.
- Common word-problem structures that help students see consistency with word-problem solving.
- How to incorporate an attack strategy and a focus on structure in your math instruction.
Empower your students with effective strategies that will help them take on word problems with confidence.
Click on Go To Website below to register.