- This event has passed.
LD? ADHD? Find Your Path Event
October 23, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm MDTFREE!
In conjunction with October Learning Disabilities & ADHD Awareness Month, the LD & ADHD Network is hosting a special FREE event titled LD? ADHD? Find Your Path for parents and adults who have or interact with children, teens and adults who have LD & ADHD. It’s an afternoon of entertainment, information and networking.
- Wakefield Brewster, Slam Poetry Champion and Calgary’s current Poet Laureate, will start the afternoon off with a powerful performance. As an adult living with ADHD, he brings this experience into the part of his work as an incredible advocate for literacy whose “vehicle is poetry”.
- Watch”The Disruptors” – a multi-award winning 2022 documentary about the real struggles and hopeful possibilities of five families living with ADHD.
- Discuss the implications of the film with our expert panel. Among others, we’ll identify the overlaps with Learning Disabilities, and advocacy for both LD & ADHD at school and the workplace.
- Do you have questions about LD or ADHD in your life? Our expert panel is ready to help.
- Lastly, information booths are available to browse for agencies and services in Calgary.
Click on Go To Website below to learn more and register.