- This event has passed.
Is ADHD Genetic?
November 30, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MSTFREE!
Genes and the Environment: How Biology and Exposures Contribute to ADHD in Children EXPERT: Joel Nigg, Ph.D.
ADHD may be hereditary, but emerging research suggests environmental factors and experiences can affect a child’s development and behavior in ways that may last a lifetime —or may be reversible. We know that exposure to stress affect how genes are influenced, or expressed. We also know that these environmental factors can affect the developing brain and make learning and behavior challenges associated with ADHD worse during the early and middle years of childhood.
Now we have clues as to certain lifestyle changes which can slow or reverse the harm caused by stress and other toxic influences — and help to restore healthy development in children with ADHD.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How genetics influence ADHD
- About the environmental risk factors related to brain development and ADHD
- About the behavioral and learning challenges in children with ADHD that result from adverse environmental conditions
- How emerging research into environmental influences on a child’s brain development may inform prevention or new treatment
- How exercise, stress management, and lifestyle changes can benefit a child’s development and attention
Click on the event website link below to register and learn more.