- This event has passed.
“Invisible” Disabilities at Work: How to Foster Neurodivergent Advocacy and Acceptance
February 23 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MSTFREE
EXPERT: Jessica Hicksted, Ph.D.
Do you question whether to disclose to your employer that you have ADHD, autism, a learning disorder, a chronic condition, or another so-called “invisible disability?” Do you worry that disclosing an impairment might affect your job security or make you feel disconnected from your colleagues? When you’re interviewing for a job, do you know how best to gauge whether an organization will fit your needs?
In this webinar, Jessica Hicksted, Ph.D. candidate, ADHD researcher, and employee who has autism spectrum disorder and ADHD, explores how to approach disclosure in the workplace and provides research-driven strategies that cultivate acceptance from colleagues and supervisors.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- About questions to ask during a job interview to try to determine whether a company has a culture of acceptance and diversity
- How masking in the workplace inhibits executive functioning skills
- About strategies to determine whether and how to disclose a disability in the workplace
- About approaches to help you advocate for workplace policies that support people with invisible disabilities
- About innovative research that helps companies become more aware of invisible disabilities among employees, and create policies that foster diversity and acceptance
Click on Event Website Link below to register and learn more.