- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Introduction to Basic Reading Instruction for Parents
Organizer: The Reading LeagueCost: FREE!
EXPERT: Kelli Johnson
6 sessions starting March 8 – March 17 on Tues. Wed. & Thurs. from 9 – 10:30 am MST
6 sessions starting on March 21 – March 30 on Mon. Tues. Wed. from 5 – 6:30 pm MST
This course is designed for parents/caregivers to learn the basics of reading science and how it can be applied to instruction for students of any age. No prior teaching experience is necessary! It is based on the Science of Reading and how a child’s brain learns to read effectively.
Participants Will Learn:
- How the reading brain develops
- The 6 syllable types of the English language
- A 6-step plan for direct instruction
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.