- This event has passed.
How to Get Quality ADHD Care Online
Organizer: ADDitudeCost: FREE!
EXPERT: Maggie Sibley, Ph.D.
New virtual care options emerged in the mental health care sector as more people turned to telehealth and teletherapy during the pandemic. Providers have increasingly embraced these new ways to reach patients, with services that include diagnosing ADHD, dispensing medication, and using cognitive behavioral therapy as part of treatment. But how can telehealth patients know whether they’re getting quality care and treatment for ADHD that is safe and effective? To answer this question, you must first understand what appropriate care for ADHD looks like.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The guidelines that professionals are expected to follow when diagnosing ADHD in adults, including what kind of professional is qualified to make a diagnosis, and what procedures they should use to conduct a proper assessment.
- About conditions that sometimes mimic ADHD and how your provider should work to rule these out.
- Best practices in the treatment of adult ADHD, including pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches, and how to tell if your ADHD is improving with treatment.
- Best practices in the delivery of telehealth, why it can be difficult for a virtual provider to diagnose ADHD, the importance and nuances of a conversation with a provider when
- assessing ADHD, and the signatures of a high-quality care plan.
- What questions to ask your virtual provider to learn more about the services you might receive and how to advocate for adequate care for your ADHD symptoms.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.