- This event has passed.
Help for College Students with ADHD
January 6, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm UTC+0CAD$ 10
TIME: Thursday, January 6; 6:30 – 8:30PM (MST)
EXPERT: Dr. Kevin Anshtel
Individuals with ADHD are attending college and university in increasing numbers. These students face unique challenges at this pivotal transition point including ongoing management of ADHD symptoms and impairments in addition to changes in parental support, increased demands for self-management and independence, and increased expectations for self-advocacy.
The good news is that students with ADHD can experience success in their post-secondary studies. Advances in ADHD awareness, support of young adults with ADHD in colleges and universities, and early preparation all contribute to this success. Preparing students with ADHD for post-secondary can and should start well before they step on campus, however, and should address skills such as organization, time management, planning, and more.
Dr. Antschel will discuss:
- How parents can help their high school students develop skills to help with this transition
- Specific services, accommodations, and interventions at the post-secondary level that benefit students with ADHD
- How to address “stimulant diversion” and engagement in risky behaviours such as substance use
- How to mitigate the impact of conditions that commonly co-occur with ADHD
- Strategies for accessing services and accommodations
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.