- This event has passed.
For Dads w/o ADHD: How to Understand and Support Your Kids
June 15, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MDTFREE!
EXPERT: Brendan Mahan, M.Ed., M.S.
For fathers who have ADHD, difficulties with parenting might surface when their child’s ADHD causes academic or behavioral challenges that remind them of their own difficulties growing up — and/or of their own parents’ harsh responses to those difficulties at a time when ADHD was not well understood. For fathers without ADHD, understanding their child’s thinking and behavior might pose an even bigger challenge.
In this webinar, fathers with and without ADHD will:
- Discover ways to manage your own stress so you can set a calmer tone at home
- Explore approaches to improve your relationship with your child
- Learn strategies to help your child get things done and fulfill their responsibilities
- Distinguish between a reason and an excuse when looking at how ADHD affects your child
- Learn to determine when to accommodate your child’s struggles, and when to encourage them to push through
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.