- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Creative Therapy Interventions for Children with ADHD
Organizer: Sick Kids CMH Learning InstituteCost: CAD$ 125
TIME: Thursday, January 27, 2022 8:30 to 11:30 am MST
EXPERT: Liana Lowenstein, MSW, RSW, CPT-S
ADHD is one of the most prevalent disorders diagnosed in children. While there are many different approaches to treating children with ADHD, directive play therapy interventions help to remediate the skills deficits such as short attention span, impulsivity, and hyperactivity.
This webinar will highlight the diagnostic features of ADHD, and will present practical and effective interventions to help children aged 4 to 12 years:
- Improve impulse control
- Increase attention and focus
- Slow down the mind and body
- Identify constructive ways to use energy
- Utilize strategies to shift from one activity to the next
- Increase pro-social behaviour
- Improve academic performance for in-person and online school
The presenter will discuss ways to optimize online therapy sessions for children with ADHD will present interventions for use by parents and teachers to increase positive behaviour at home and school.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn new and innovative approaches to help get children motivated, focused, organized, and performing closer to their true potential.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.