- This event has passed.
Choosing the Best Summer Camps for Your ADHD Child
February 16 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MSTFREE
EXPERT: Ryan Wexelblatt, LCSW
Summer camp can be a rewarding and confidence-building experience for kids with ADHD. But when day or sleep-away camps aren’t prepared to adequately support children and teens with ADHD, problems arise. Kids with ADHD struggle, and in some cases, they are asked to leave the program.
To avoid these and other problems, it’s important that families know how to find the best camps for their child with ADHD, including which questions to ask, and how to support the camp staff in setting up their children for success.
In this webinar, Ryan Wexelblatt, LCSW, founder and director of ADHD Dude & Trip Camp, will provide caregivers with practical approaches that will help them make an educated decision about the best summer camp for their child, and strategies that will help set their camper up for success.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What to consider when selecting a camp
- What questions to ask camp administrators to determine whether the camp can support your child
- How much information to share about your child with the camp staff, and how to support the camp staff
- Why overnight camp can be great for kids with ADHD, and why starting at a younger age can help ensure success at overnight camp
- About the common problems that occur at camp for kids with ADHD, and strategies to be proactive in addressing them
- Why having 1:1 support at camp is not helpful
Click on Event Website Link below to register and learn more.