- This event has passed.
Calm Kids, Happy Families
Organizer: CanLearn SocietyCost: Variable
6 Tuesdays from April 5 – May 10, 2022
Parenting a child with ADHD has its challenges at the best of times, let alone in the middle of a pandemic. It is important to remember that there are strategies and resources available to help parents with the unique challenges of parenting children with ADHD and social-emotional difficulties during Covid-19.
In the Calm Kids Happy Families program, parents will have a chance to learn strategies, problem solve, discuss and seek advice on how to best support their child and care for their own mental health. A critical component of the program is the parents’ opportunity to connect and share resources.
Topics will focus on the following:
- The ADHD brain and the impact of stress on the body and brain
- Understanding your child’s social, emotional, and physical needs
- Helping your child develop coping skills
- Dealing with challenging behaviour
- Helping kids handle worry and anxiety
- Managing your child’s screen time
- Ways to decrease power struggles
- Importance of maintaining structure and routine
- Using positive reinforcement to encourage desired behaviours
- Ways to improve communication skills
The program is led by experienced staff who understand the needs of families with children with ADHD. The groups are live and interactive and are limited to 12 parents.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.