- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Calgary Parent Online Support Group
Organizer: Estelle Siebens Community Services at Foothills Academy SocietyCost: CAD$ 120
Parenting Kids with LD and ADHD – Emotions at Large
TIMES: 6 Tuesdays, Oct. 19 – Nov. 23; 6:30 – 8PM (MST)
Everyone experiences big feelings and children are no exception. Sometimes these big feelings translate into behaviours that leave parents wondering what to do next. How can we best support our children as they navigate the ups and downs of their emotions and demonstrate them in more positive, productive ways?
This fall, we are offering a Parent Support Group specifically for parents or guardians of children and youth diagnosed with a Learning Disability or ADHD. This online and facilitated six-week program is built to support parents/guardians in understanding these topics and to learn from each other. Each session will be 1.5 hours in length with the first portion providing a presentation on a weekly topic followed by facilitated group discussion regarding how to bring these ideas into your home. These programs will be run by our practicum students and Provisional Psychologists.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.