- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Anxiety, Perfectionism, and ADHD
Organizer: CHADDCost: FREE!
TIME: Wednesday, January 5 | 10 – 11 AM MST
EXPERT: Carol Ann Robbins, PhD
When you think about ADHD, perfectionism may not be the first thing that comes to mind, but many describe adults with ADHD as being perfectionists.
While wanting to make sure that things are correct is a good thing, it becomes a problem when it causes you to feel enormous stress, anger, or sadness if you think something isn’t quite right or fear someone might criticize you for imperfections. These feelings may affect your relationships, causing you to withdraw from loved ones or lash out at those who try to help.
Is it ADHD, is it anxiety, or maybe a little bit of both?
This presentation will help you better understand why you put an enormous amount of time and energy into trying to be perfect. Learn ways to get unstuck and move forward with confidence.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Name the potential reasons that some adults with ADHD struggle with perfectionism.
- Understand symptoms of anxiety, what perfectionism looks like, and what it looks like if someone has anxiety, perfectionism, and ADHD.
- List ways to cope with anxiety, ADHD, and perfectionism.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.