- This event has passed.
Anxiety in Children: Overlooked Signs and Effective Supports
May 19, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm MDTFREE!
EXPERT: Caroline Buzanko, Ph.D.
Anxiety is the most common mental health concern among children and teens, and it is not something they outgrow. Indeed, most mental health problems in adulthood begin in childhood and adolescence as anxiety. Perhaps this has never been truer than it is now, two years into a wholly disruptive and traumatic global pandemic.
Early intervention is essential to minimize later problems with depression and other social, emotional, behavioral, academic, and health difficulties. Unfortunately, most children go without effective support until adolescence, when they are extremely susceptible for developing severe anxiety disorders. Without a full understanding of anxiety in children and the manifestations of its symptoms, we can easily miss when anxiety shows up.
Thankfully, with the right knowledge and tools, anxiety is highly treatable. This webinar is vital for anyone with, or working with, anxious children and teens.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- The nature of anxiety and how it shows up in children
- How to differentiate normal worries from anxiety
- Stressors that contribute to anxiety in children and teens with ADHD
- Common traps parents, teachers, and other mental health professionals fall into
- How some strategies may unwittingly worsen kids’ worries and associated behaviors
- Key skills needed to successfully manage anxiety while promoting courage, confidence, and resilience
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.