- Relieving Back-to-School Anxiety: Strategies for Caregivers and Educators of Anxious Students
- What Is Hoarding vs. ADHD Clutter?
- Using Alberta Renewed Curriculum to Support Inclusive Planning
- REFOCUS: Reinforcing Executive Functioning with Optimism, Compassion, Understanding, and Support
- The Reading League Annual Conference
- This event has passed.
Advocating for Your Child with ADHD in Canadian School Systems Day 1
Organizer: CADDACCost: CAD$ 20
TIME: Tuesday Nov 9 & Nov 16, 2021; 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm MST
EXPERT: Heidi Bernhardt, RN
Advocating for your children’s educational rights may be one of the most frustrating and confusing experiences you will encounter.
This two-part presentation will help you understand your provincial special education system, it’s benefits and drawbacks while offering you tips on how to navigate that system. Parents’ fear of labelling their child, psychoeducational testing and understanding and contributing to an IEP will all be covered. The presentation will also include a review of your child’s rights and a discussion on how to become a more effective advocate.
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.