- This event has passed.
ADHD in Teens and Young Adults; Ages & Stages Part 2
September 22, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0FREE
ADHD Ages & Stages Part 2: Common Challenges and Practical Strategies for Teens and Young Adults with ADHD
TIME: Wednesday, September 22 at 1 pm ET (11 am MT)
EXPERT: Meg Leahy, MS, NCC, BCC
Adolescence is marked by dramatic change — physically, emotionally, and socially. These shifts challenge not only teens and young adults, but also the people who love them. An ADHD diagnosis further muddies this tumultuous period.
The dramatic transition to adulthood requires teens to build skills, gain maturity and confidence, and achieve greater independence. New pressures in adolescence can strain executive function, and, in turn, add to the already stressful life of teens and young adults at school, the workplace, and home.
In the second of three webinars, certified counselor and coach Meg Leahy offers practical strategies for supporting adolescents with ADHD. She will discuss some common challenges and provide insights, skills, strategies, and resources that deliver results.
You will learn to:
- Identify how ADHD manifests at home, school, and in relationships during adolescence and young adulthood
- Determine how self-concept and familial relationships are enhanced through clarification of ADHD challenges
- Examine the unique challenges of ADHD during adolescence and symptom impact during this stage for teens and their families
- Discover research-based strategies and resources that provide the building blocks necessary to navigate adolescence successfully and to build healthy self-esteem
- Understand how and when interventions (medical, therapeutic, coaching) should be used for maximum benefit
Click on ‘Go To Website’ below to register.