- This event has passed.
Accelerate Reading Achievement with the Science of Reading Course
March 17, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 pm MDTUS$600
Based on the science of reading, learn the five critical components of reading instruction in order to teach all students, including English learners and those with word reading difficulties, such as dyslexia, to be strong readers.
The Online Elementary Reading Academy takes the best of CORE’s nationally acclaimed Teaching Reading Sourcebook and packages it into a facilitated, seven-module asynchronous, online course. The course teaches educators the five essential components of reading instruction with clear and explicit models immediately applicable to the classroom.
The course is divided into seven modules each of which takes approximately 5-6 hours to complete. The work can be done on your own time, at your own pace.
- Course Orientation and Introduction to Dyslexia
- The Structure of Language
- Phonemic Awareness, Explicit Phonics Instruction and Irregular Word Reading
- Multisyllabic Word Reading and Fluency
- Reading Assessment for Effective Instruction.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the research on the essential components of reading instruction
- Gain clear and explicit models of instruction immediately applicable to the classroom
- Identify the best practices and explicit methods to develop phonemic awareness, phonics and irregular and multisyllabic word knowledge, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and literary and informational text knowledge
- Understand the structure of the English and Spanish language system
- Identify and use techniques to support academic language development for English learners
- Understand how to use informal diagnostic measures of phonological awareness, decoding, fluency vocabulary and comprehension as a basis for instructional decisions
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.