- This event has passed.
A Parent’s Guide to Problem-Solving School Behaviour Struggles
November 10, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0FREE!
TIME: Wednesday, November 10 at 11 am MST
EXPERT: Rachel Schwartz, PhD, BCBA-D
You get a phone call from the school that your child is having behaviour issues in the classroom. Now what? Interfering school behaviour problems create academic, social, and emotional gaps in a learner’s progress. If left unaddressed, behaviour struggles can lead to social isolation, a loss of instructional time, decreased self-esteem and academic under-achievement.
Rather than rush to find a solution or rely on others to solve the problem, parents can take the lead in gathering information, developing strategies, and leading the school team toward more effective action.
In this webinar, you will learn to:
- Communicate and collaborate with the school
- Structure questions to gain relevant information from the school team
- Identify and describe four areas to consider for interventions
- Structure and monitor a behaviour action planIdentify the need for further assessment and formalized plans (and how to get those in place)
- Gain comfort and confidence in leading your child’s behaviour program
Click on Go To Website below to register and learn more.